The V.P. Kukhar Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry and Petrochemistry of the NAS of Ukraine announces admission to Ph.D. Pograms 2021 under two tracks:
Educational activities at the V. P. Kukhar Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry and Petrochemistry of the NAS of Ukraine are carried out in accordance with the Decree of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine for licensing of educational activity at the third educational and scientific level No. 111-l of 26.05.2017 (102 “Chemistry”, full-time) and No. 509-l of 15.05.2019 (091 “Biology”, full-time).
The PhD program is designed by leading scientists of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry and Petrochemistry of the NAS of Ukraine in the fundamental and applied chemistry, organic and bioorganic chemistry, petrochemistry and coal chemistry in close cooperation with leading foreign research centers.
The program provides each postgraduate student flexibility in exploring across multiple disciplines to learn in-depth experimental methods and theory that drive the scientific process. All postgraduate students work tailored to their background and research interests in close cooperation with their supervisors.
The institution’s library is freely accessible and include more than 70 thousand volumes of educational and scientific literature.
Graduate students studying at the Institute are provided with a monthly scholarship from the funds of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Financial support is guaranteed for the entire period of training.
All full-time postgraduate students receive a state scholarship if enrolled in state-sponsored studies in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine.
Nonresident graduate students are provided with dormitory accommodations upon receipt of residence documentation (Certificate of Registration).
Applicants shall present the following documents:
- an Application Form addressed to the director of the V. P. Kukhar Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry and Petrochemistry of the NAS of Ukraine;
- a personal Employee Information Form, certified by the seal of the institution in which the applicant for postgraduate study is applied;
- a Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- 3 3x4 cm photo cards;
- a list of published scientific works and inventions (if any);
- a thesis for the chosen scientific specialty(Research proposal));
- a Medical Certificate of health in the form No. 086-о;
- Education Certificates (copy of the diploma and transcripts) of the Master of Science (or Specialist).
- an excerpt from the minutes of the Meeting of the Scientific Council of the educational-scientific Institute (or department of Institute) serving as a recommendation for admission to postgraduate school (if any);
- a copy of the Certificate of Identification Number;
- a copy of the Certificate of Registration (for out-of-town students who intend to live in a dormitory);
- an International Certificate in attesting foreign language proficiency of at least C1 or C2 level of the Common European Recommendations on Language Education (if any).
The passport, MS diploma and military ID are submitted by the entrants in person.
The Admissions Committee of the Institute is carried out in accordance with the "Regulations on the Admissions Committee of the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry and Petrochemistry of the NAS of Ukraine" and the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine dated 15.10.2015 №1085.
Persons who have received relevant education abroad have to establish the equivalence of the submitted diploma in accordance with the Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine "Some issues of recognition foreign education documents in Ukraine" dated May 05, 2015 No. 504.
Choosing a supervisor based on the main areas of his research.
List of probable supervisors (ukr.)
Graduate students have the opportunity to continue basic and applied research under the guidance of highly qualified employees of the Institute, to participate in various grants and international programs.
Applications must be submitted by 10 September 2021 at: Kyiv, 1 Murmanska Street (Lisova metro station), Room 216.
Sergii V. Popilnichenko
Scientific Secretary of the VP Kukhar IBOPC NAS of Ukraine
1, Murmanska st., Kyiv-94, 02094, Ukraine
Phone: +38(044) 559-52-09
Contact information for taking entrance exams in foreign languages and philosophy:
Center for Scientific Research and Teaching of Foreign Languages of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
01601, Ukraine, Kyiv, street Trohsvyatitelskaya, 4 (from 10:00 to 17:00)
Phone: (044) 278 8971